Tuesday 13 September 2011

I made that !!!

Those of you that know me, know that I'm not much of a cook.  I cooked as a very young girl - but gave it up as I grew into adulthood.  I know - I'm backwards.

Well...... as a newlywed and a lady without a job - I've taken up this new hobby - cooking!  :)
I must say that it's been fun to figure it all out.  Starting from planning what to cook to finding ingredients in a London grocery store to actually making it.  So far everything has turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself).  Oh - and I've learned to cook on a gas stovetop (wow)

Let's see, I've made chicken with rice, a beef roast with potatoes and carrots, salmon with asparagus, pork chops, taco soup, eggs and bacon (my one breakfast).   You'll see a few pictures of these dishes - I had to prove that I made them so you'd trust me.
And with the generous wedding gifts of friends, I am buying everyday bone china that will show off these gourmet meals (ha ha)

I have been told that online grocery shopping is the best way to go, though.  Right now I'm walking about 0.7 miles one way to the store, Sainsbury.  The walk there is okay because it's downhill.  The walk home is the bummer - it's uphill the entire way plus I'm carry groceries.  I have learned to bring my backpack so I can carry the heavier stuff. We'll get this all figured out soon.


Stay tuned for more cooking adventures.







2 comments:

  1. Sheila Hayes, uh, Table of RUTH15 September 2011 at 15:03

    Wow! Who knew? Chef Suzy!! Looks like you're having a marvelous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice China. Which one is my plate? ;) M

    ReplyDelete